Director, Project Management
Vernon joined Bride Hall as a Project Manager in 1989, became an Associate Director in 1994 and was made a Director in 1997. Prior to this and since 1979 Vernon worked as a quantity surveyor in private practice and for local government. In 1986 he joined Heery and was made an Associate of Heery International in 1988.
Responsible for all aspects of project management on projects from inception to completion. Primarily duties include the identification, assessment and management of project risk, selection and appointment of the professional team and management of the design, construction and hand over process to assure the highest standards of quality and value are achieved and that the aspirations of all project stake holders are realised.
Key Achievements and recent projects
- In his career at Bride Hall Vernon has successfully delivered over 25 completed developments. These schemes have been varied in value and include retail parks, campus offices and business parks, low energy office schemes including one of the first BREEAM rated schemes built, city centre offices both new build and refurbishment, and industrial buildings.
- Managed the multi-award winning 160,000 sq ft factory and headquarters for Ercol Furniture at Princes Risborough, Bucks along with management of the move of the manufacturing operation from the existing premises.
- Completed more recently a 67,000 sq ft retail park in Evesham and an 80,000 sq ft retail park on Lichfield Retail Park.
- Recently completed a £1 million car park refurbishment at the Grosvenor Shopping Centre in Chester.
- Recently completed the refurbishment of 50,000 sq ft of offices in Epsom, resulting in leasing to 2 tenants of 30,000 sq ft.
- Currently working on two developments in Chester; a 50,000 sq ft extension and reconfiguration of the Grosvenor Shopping Centre pre leased to TK Maxx & Sports Direct and the development of a 25,000 sq ft restaurant scheme in Pepper Street, to provide four new units which have also been preleased.
- Currently working on a 80 Bedroom Hotel and restaurant scheme for Whitbread plc in Farnborough, which will be occupied by Premier Inn and Beefeater.
Mobile: 07778 031 645